I learned about eyelash extensions during the summer last year through my best friend Natalia. When she came to visit, I noticed her eyelashes were longer and fuller than the usual. I asked what she had on and she told all about these fabulous extensions, which by now have become the new fab.
When Spring came by, I decided I wanted to give them a try. This decision was mostly due to the fact that I hate mascara with all my might and if I had eyelash extensions I wouldn’t have to use it.
After using the extensions for about three months, these are some of the pros and cons I found:
- They can look very natural.
- You will look great even with little to no make up.
- There’s no need to use mascara or curling eyelashes.
- The application process is very time consuming. One appointment can take more than two hours to apply a full set.
- They only last about three weeks.
- They can be heavy on the budget. A full set can range between $100 to $300 depending on the type of lashes, plus getting them filled in can cost from $50 to $75 every three weeks.
- You cannot rub your eyes, which makes it really hard to remove eyeshadow and eyeliner.
- You cannot use oil based products when wearing eyelash extensions. This means you might have to get a new, oil-free facial cleanser and makeup remover.
After taking the eyelash extensions off or letting them come off completely, to be more specific, I noticed my own lashes seemed to be shorter and less full than they used to. This kind of opened my eyes to the damage that can be caused by the eyelash extensions if used constantly. However, I believe using them as a once-a-year-type-of-thing shouldn’t be a problem. Besides, we all sacrifice some things at times for the sake of beauty.