This post is also available in: Español
Perfectly charred with a smoky, sweet and spicy barbecue sauce, these Grilled Honey Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Skewers are perfect to share with friends on big game night.
Let the big game begin!
I’m not a big fan of football. I’m truly not. But I really enjoy watching the Superbowl for only two things: the commercials and the halftime show.
For me, Superbowl Sunday is one of those perfect occasions for a friends gathering. While some enjoy the game, others enjoy the overly expensive TV commercials. But the one thing everyone is sure to love is the food!
Oh the food. 🙂
And how about these grilled honey chipotle barbecue chicken skewers? Heck, yes!
A thick, smoky and perfectly sticky barbecue sauce can transform your grilled meat into something special when given the right flavors.
In celebration of big game day, let us all enjoy these scrumptious Grilled Honey Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Skewers. Perfectly charred with a smoky, sweet and spicy barbecue sauce, these chicken skewers are sure to make everyone drool.
They are so simple to make. Simply thread the chicken in some skewers alternately with some vegetables. I used bell peppers and onion. Place them on the grill to cook turning them occasionally to get that nice char on all sides. Let cook for about 10-15 minutes. For the sauce, mix chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, honey and regular old barbecue sauce until combined. When the chicken skewers are almost cooked through, brush them with plenty of Honey Chipotle Barbecue sauce and they are done. Pair them with some bread, corn or tortillas and you are set.
Make sure you have enough for everyone because once they try it, they won’t want to stop eating them and will be coming back for more, and more, and more. The depth of flavors in these Grilled Honey Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Skewers is out of this world.
Bring out some beers and enjoy!
- 8-10 skewer sticks
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ medium Spanish onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in its adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chipotle adobo sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers. Season chicken and vegetable skewers with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a food processor, mix together chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, barbecue sauce and honey until well combined.
- Place chicken skewers on the grill to cook turning occasionally until charred, about 10-15 minutes.
- When skewers are almost done, brush with honey chipotle barbecue sauce and grill until done.
- Serve warm with corn, bread or tortillas.