Quick, simple and packed with protein, these fluffy bacon and egg muffins are perfect for breakfast and dinner.
Eggs my favorite protein source. Whenever, I can’t think of anything to cook for dinner in most cases, I always end up making eggs in one way or another. Just a few minutes ago, I was talking to my daughter planning what to make for dinner tonight. She suggested I should make biscuits. Uhmmm! “That is a great idea.” I told her and you know what I will make a nice frittata to go with the biscuits.
You see what I mean? Eggs, every time. That is just how these delicious, cheesy, fluffy bacon and egg muffins came about.
One Sunday morning, I was trying to figure out what to make for brunch and I remembered seen a bunch of pins on Pinterest one day with egg recipe ideas. Immediately, egg muffins came to mind. Add some baby spinach, bacon and cheese and you have a healthy, protein packed meal that is both filling and delicious. Plus, kids love it!
Bacon and Egg Muffins
- 4 slices of bacon , cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 of a medium tomato
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray half of a muffin pan (6 muffin cups) with cooking spray.
- In a pan, cook baby spinach until just wilted. Take out of the pan and reserve.
- Cut bacon slices into small pieces and cook in the same pan until slightly crispy.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Divide the bacon, spinach and tomatoes into each of the muffin cups in the pan. Pour the egg mixture on top and sprinkle cheese over each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and serve.