This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla®. The opinions and text are all my own.
Delicious Spaghetti with San Marzano Tomato Meat Sauce is the perfect meal to enjoy with your family on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day is approaching! There’s no better way to celebrate with your mom and children than a great comforting meal.
If there is one thing in this world that can bring my daughter and I together, it’s pasta — Spaghetti and meat sauce to be more exact.
Pasta is my daughter’s favorite food. The days when she sees I’m cooking pasta, she becomes the happiest kid in the world. So, you can imagine her excitement when I told her I was going to cook this Barilla® Spaghetti with San Marzano Tomato Meat Sauce and I wanted her to help me make it.
We headed out to Walmart and bought all of the ingredients for what would be our dinner for the day. On our way back, my daughter, who is a chatterbox, kept talking about how awesome it is that I let her help me cook. She loves helping out and most of our bonding time is created while I’m in the kitchen and she’s there lending a hand.
What’s great about this recipe is that it’s so simple to make that even my 9 year-old can make it, with supervision of course.
We started off by sauteing some onions, carrots and celery. Then, we added ground beef, seasoned with salt and pepper, and let it cook until browned. Finally, we added the tomatoes and some water. We let the meat sauce simmer for a little while and then tossed the cooked spaghetti in with the sauce. The pasta was served with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano and a fresh baguette I bought at the store. Now, isn’t that simple, quick and easy?
As a mother, some of my most satisfying moments are those I can spend connecting with my children. Sometimes, the best way to celebrate the Mothers in our lives is by showing them how much we appreciate the time they spend with us, the knowledge and love they share. My heart fills with joy whenever I hear my daughter say “thank you mami, this food is delicious and thank you for letting me cook with you.” Those were her exact words, and I got teary eyes.
Tell me how you celebrate the Mothers in your life?
Barilla® Spaghetti with San Marzano Tomato Meat Sauce
- 1 lb box Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 small carrot , chopped
- 1 stem celery , chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup White wine (optional)
- 1 28- ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano , shaved
- Place a pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the onion, carrot and celery with the extra virgin olive oil. Add the meat and cook until browned well. Incorporate the tomatoes and 1 cup of water, season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water according to the package directions. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Top with cheese.
- OPTIONAL: After the meat is browned, you can deglaze the sauce by adding the wine and let it reduce all the way.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla. The opinions and text are all mine. *Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.