This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyComeback #CollectiveBias
This Bread Pudding with M&M’s® Crispy and Dulce de Leche Sauce is sweet, chocolaty and crispy. Topped with a Dulce de Leche sauce for a pop of extra flavor and Latin flair!
I love chocolate! So, do my kids. Chocolate is one of those things that we are always looking for whenever we go into a store. Honestly, I like to always keep bags of bite-size chocolate pieces in my pantry for when I get my desperate chocolate cravings. When I heard that M&M’s® Crispy were back, I seriously hopped with joy.
What’s even better is that you can get them in small individual packages for snacking on the go or you can get the bigger package for sharing or to use on delicious recipes like this Bread Pudding with M&M’s® Crispy and Dulce de Leche Sauce. Oh my Gosh! I cannot even begin to tell you how good this bread pudding is.
Sweet, chocolaty, gooey and crispy at the same time, and to top it off a Dulce de Leche sause that makes all the flavors marry in a wonderful medley of Yum!
This decadent dessert is super indulgent and so easy to make. Simply soak some stale bread in milk and heavy cream. Then, mix in some chocolate pieces and place in a baking pan. In a separate bowl combine sugar, eggs and vanilla, and pour over the bread. Top with extra chocolate pieces and bake at 350 degrees until set, about 35-40 minutes.
Finally, thin out some canned dulce de leche by warming it up a little and adding some milk. Serve a square piece of the bread pudding, pour dulce de leche sauce over the top and enjoy warm.
I’ll let you in on a little secret. I alone ate half the pan of bread pudding. Not only that, I bought extra packages of the chocolate pieces and I’m currently snacking on them as I write this post. Truthfully, I have been snacking on them all weekend. *insert surprised face emoji here* Please, don’t judge me.
Every time I walk into my local CVS store, my son runs to the candy aisle. There is where I found the delicious milk chocolate with the crispy rice center. You can even use this $1 coupon available for M&M’s® Crispy at CVS.
Some ingredients just really work in certain recipes. The crispiness of this delicious chocolate is what makes this bread pudding extra awesome! What ingredients do you like to use that make a simple recipe pop? Share them with us in the comments below.
Bread Pudding with M&M's Crispy and Dulce de Leche Sauce
- 1/2 loaf stale challah bread , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsalted , melted butter
- 1/2 cup M&M's® Crispy , separated
For the Dulce de Leche Sauce
- 1 cup Dulce de Leche
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, put the bread cubes. Combine heavy cream and milk and pour over the bread. Let it sit until the bread sucks in all the mixture, about 10-15 minutes. Then, mix in 1/4 cup of M&M's® Crispy.
- In a separate bowl, combine white sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Coat the bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan with the melted butter making sure to cover the sides of the pan as well.
- Spoon the bread mixture into the pan. Pour the egg and sugar mixture over the bread and top with remaining M&M's® Crispy.
- Place in the oven and bake until the bread pudding has set and edges are golden brown, about 35-40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Place dulce de leche on a small bowl and warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add milk and mix well, until smooth. Add more milk if necessary to thin it out until you achieve the right consistency.
- Cut the bread pudding into squares to serve and pour dulce the leche over each serving. Garnish with additional M&M's® Crispy, if desired.
Check out the following video. It’s so cute and funny. Makes me laugh every time. M&M’s® Crispy – So good, they’re back!