This Caramel Coffee Bread Pudding is decadent and delicious made with challah bread, coffee and drizzled with a yummy caramel sauce.
*This post has been sponsored by Folgers Coffee. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I don’t make bread pudding often. But when I do, I always end up wondering why I don’t make it more frequently. Bread pudding is one of those desserts that is just super easy to make. It’s delicious and perfect to feed a crowd.
Last week, I had some company over and I wanted to make a simple dessert that we could all enjoy. I decided to make a bread pudding with a loaf of challah bread I had in my pantry.
To give the dessert a nice little twist, I decided to add coffee and make it a caramel coffee dessert. So, I brewed a cup of my Caramel Drizzle flavored Folgers® K-Cup® Pods and added it to the milk and cream mixture to soak the bread.
Folgers is a comfort that fills each day with optimism and inspiring energy. At my house, it’s a ritual that awakens our senses with rich coffee aroma and consistently satisfying taste.
I really enjoy having a good cup of coffee in the mornings, which is why I always have some great coffee in hand. The Folgers Caramel Drizzle flavored coffee turned out to be perfect for this dessert as it enhanced the flavors of the bread pudding making it a family favorite.
Top it off with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream and you have THE PERFECT dessert in your hands.
Head out to your local ShopRite store to get all of the ingredients for this recipe and your Folgers K-Cup needs. While at ShopRite, be sure to look for a Folgers K-Cups $1 off digital coupon available with your ShopRite Price Plus® club card.
Caramel Coffee Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf challah bread
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 6 oz. Folgers K-Cup Caramel Drizzle flavored coffee
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Caramel sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, put the bread cubes. Combine heavy cream, milk and coffee, and pour over the bread. Let it sit until the bread sucks in all the mixture, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and eggs.
- Coat the bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan with the melted butter making sure to cover the sides of the pan as well.
- Spoon the bread mixture into the pan. Pour the egg and sugar mixture over the bread.
- Place in the oven and bake until the bread pudding has set and edges are golden brown, about 35-40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Drizzle caramel over the top.
- Cut the bread pudding into squares to serve. Top with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Let the bread sit in the custard mixture for at least 10 minutes before baking it. This will allow the bread to soak everything up.
- If the top of the bread pudding is browning too quickly during cooking, cover the top with some foil.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.