This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Cheesy, crispy, spicy and full of flavor! The perfect Game Day Buffalo Chicken Mini Pizza.
Game season has officially begun and my son is more than excited about it. He is such a sports fan and loves to watch all games, from all teams, at all times. We like to encourage his love for sports, and more often than not, I find myself throwing mini game day parties for the family just because there’s a game going on.
My brother-in-law and his family usually join us and when we are all together, our gatherings always turn into a food affair. Because there is no party without good food. Am I right?
This week, I took game day as an opportunity to fire up my grill one last time before summer is over. If you have ever been to the Northeast during this time of the year, you know how fast temperatures can change and before you know it, it’s winter again. Seeing that temperatures are still nice, I headed outside to make these awesome game day buffalo chicken mini pizzas.
First, I made a delicious buffalo sauce to coat the chicken with and it was super easy. Simply combine butter, garlic powder, brown sugar, soy sauce and hot sauce in a sauce pan over medium heat. Then, I simply added the chicken to the sauce pan and mixed it with the sauce.
To make the buffalo sauce, I used El Yucateco Hot Sauce, which I purchased on my last run to Walmart. Boy, that was some good sauce!
After coating the chicken with the buffalo sauce, it was time to build the mini pizzas. I used store-bought pizza crust and added a layer of the buffalo chicken. Then, I topped it with a bunch of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses for extra gooeyness. I placed the pizzas on the grill, covered with the lid and allowed the cheese to melt.
When done, the pizza crust will be crispy and slightly, but deliciously, charred. Slice into quarters and enjoy!
Beware, these Game Day Buffalo Mini Pizzas are super spicy and incredibly addictive.
How do you celebrate game day at home? What is your favorite game day recipe with El Yucateco Hot Sauce? Share in the comments below.
Game Day Buffalo Chicken Mini Pizza
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken , cooked and shredded
- 4 pizza crusts , store bought, pre-made mini pizza crusts
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese , shredded
- In a small sauce pan over the stovetop, combine the butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer. Once the butter has melted and all the ingredients have combined, add the chicken. Stir to combine well. Set aside and reserve.
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Spread the chicken on top of pizza crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Place on the grill and cover with the lid. Keep an eye on it and rotate as needed to avoid the crust from burning. Let it grill for about 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the grill, slice and serve.