The first day of school is quickly approaching and I couldn’t be more excited. Really! I need my kids to go back to school and give me a break. LOL No, but seriously. I just miss the structure and schedule of the school days. It helps with my productivity and mental sanity. When the kids are in school, I can get lots of things more done and if I absolutely need to, I can also rest. That my friends is something nearly impossible when the kids are home all day. So, YAY for a new school year!!!!!!
Anyhow, in celebration for this wonderful occasion, here is a quick and easy after school snack recipe that will save you time in the kitchen to spend sleeping, COUGH, working.
Ham and Cheese Biscuits
- 1 can Pillsbury biscuits
- 8 slices deli cooked ham (I used Virginia Ham)
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven at 350°F. Grease cookie baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut slit on 1 side of 1 biscuit, forming a deep pocket. Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of ham inside pocket.
- Press dough over filling, sealing edge of biscuit and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining biscuits, cheese, and ham.
- Brush melted butter over the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 15 or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and serve immediately.