Made with creamy Mascarpone cheese and drizzled with a sweet mandarin glaze, these Mascarpone Pancakes with Mandarin Glaze are perfect for brunch or breakfast.
I’m so eager for this Winter to be finally over. I literally dream about Spring bringing its beautiful warm weather, colorful landscapes and bright sun.
These pancakes remind me of Spring. Its bright golden color like the sun and the delicious tropical citrus flavor of the glaze, make this the perfect dish for a fun Sunday brunch with friends.
To make the pancakes, I added Mascarpone cheese to the pancake mix, which added a milky and slightly sweet taste that enhanced the flavor of the pancakes without being overwhelming.
I then drizzled the pancakes with a sweet citrus Mandarin glaze that really just put these pancakes over the top as one of my favorite pancakes ever!
To make the glaze I used powder sugar, Dole Canned Mandarin Oranges and the light syrup from the mandarin oranges. This was just another fantastic way in which Dole fruits helped me make a fun and delicious meal with ingredients already in my pantry. Can’t beat that.
For more recipes, inspiration, and information about Dole, visit the Dole Sunshine Latino website. (<~ in Spanish)
Mascarpone Pancakes with Mandarin Glaze
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter separated
For the Glaze
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 slices DOLE Mandarin Oranges plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons light syrup from the can the DOLE Mandarin Oranges came in
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, milk, cheese, egg and vanilla.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium -low heat. Once the pan becomes hot, grease with 1 teaspoon of butter. Add 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture at a time. Let cook until the top of the pancake begins to create bubbles and the edges have set. Carefully, flip the pancake using a spatula. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes or until both sides are golden brown. Repeat steps with remaining pancake batter.
- Serve warm with Mandarin glaze and mandarin slices.
- For the glaze
- Mix confectioners sugar, mandarin slices and light syrup, stirring constantly, until well combined.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.