These pumpkin muffins are soft and super moist – packed with pumpkin puree and lots of chocolate chips for a delicious treat.
It’s time for everything pumpkin and I’m slightly late to the party. Although, it’s never too late to enjoy a really good muffin.
And these pumpkin muffins are more than good. They are delightfully moist, perfectly sweet with a little bit of spice and lots of chocolate chips.
Your whole house will smell amazing when these bake away in your oven and I assure you that anyone you share them with will love these delicious treats, especially the chocolate lovers.
The other day I baked a couple of batches of these muffins and my son shared them all with his friends who had come out to play. To say that there was not one muffin left is an understatement. Somehow they even managed to disappear the tray they were served on. I sure hope no one ate it. 😂
How to make pumpkin muffins?
This recipe is fairly simple to make. Measure flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice into a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips and bake.
You can get creative and add some more mix-ins aside from the chocolate chips. You can also substitute the chocolate chips for other ingredients. Some of my favorites are walnuts, coconuts, or you can even fill each muffin with a cream cheese mixture or top them with cinnamon sugar. You cannot go wrong with any of these combinations.
Go ahead and bake your heart out into muffins and enjoy!
More delicious pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Pudding
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Bites
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a standard size muffin baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Measure out the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir to combine. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- Using a big scoop, evenly distribute the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake your muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.