The best Chili ever! Warm, meaty and full of flavor, this slow cooker Chili is not only extremely delicious but super easy to make.
This past week, we had a huge snow storm here in the North East. Snowmageddon, they called it.
In preparation for the storm, I went out grocery shopping. As I browsed the store while group texting with my friends, one of them mentioned Chili. I had never made Chili, but always wanted to make one. I asked them how to make Chili and Natalia, my best friend, said just put everything in it: meat, onions, peppers, beans, etc. Ummm, Ok.
So, I went around the store and bought everything I needed. Since, Snowmageddon was coming and expected to hit hard, people filled the grocery store and almost everything I could buy was gone. Therefore, I couldn’t find ground beef. There was none left.
After asking the guy from the meat department like 50 times, he was able to get me a one pound pack of ground meat. Yayyyy! I was ready for some Chili and Juno (that’s another name this snow storm was given) could come down hard. It didn’t matter because I was ready.
This is seriously the best Chili ever. Not that I’ve had any others to compare it with, but you know when you’ve had a dish that is really, really good …and this Chili is that good.
You can have it with baked potatoes, rice, corn bread or better yet, these awesome Mini Bacon Corn Muffins. Yes! Those Mini Bacon Corn Muffins are the perfect pair for this Chili. Just perfect!
Since I was only able to get one pound of ground beef, I decided to give the regular Chili a twist and bought a pound of ground pork as well. I think that is what made this Chili recipe extra special. I mean, doesn’t pork just makes everything taste better?
Now, tell what you think.
Tip: Use two types of ground meat (beef and pork) to give your chili a more delicious and distinctive flavor.
Slow Cooker Chili
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz)
- cans of diced tomato
- 2 medium jalapeñosFor Serving
- shredded mild cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- thinly sliced scallions
- Cut red pepper and onion into small pieces. Mince the garlic.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the red pepper and onion. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until onions become soft and transparent.
- Add the garlic, cumin and chili powder. Mix well to combine the spices. Cook for about one minute.
- Add the pork, beef and salt to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, break up the meat and incorporate with the vegetables and spices. Let cook until all meat is brown.
- Carefully, transfer the meat mixture to a 6 qt. slow cooker. Add the beans and their juices, corn, tomato sauce and diced tomato and their juices.
- Chop the jalapeños into small pieces and add to the mixture. Discard the jalapeño seeds if you don't want the Chili to be too hot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for about 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Taste and season with salt or adobo as needed. Serve with cheese, sour cream and scallions.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. Any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post help support SmartLittleCookie.net at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping make this site possible!