Filled with chicken, beans, veggies and great spices, this Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Chili is hearty, spicy and full of flavor.
The slow cooker has become my best friend. No, really.
I wasn’t using my slow cooker enough. You see, there is this misconception in Dominican culture that food needs to be cooked the way our grandparents taught us in order to be cooked correctly. That meant using only the cast iron skillet, maybe a frying pan and adding lots of oil and butter because that’s what gives food flavor.
Although I own my slow cooker for more than 2 years, I have to confess that I had only used it a couple of times.
That is no longer the case.
I have been really busy lately with work and my good old Crock-Pot has saved my butt. It saves so much time you guys!
This is a dump it all in the slow cooker and come back when it’s done type of recipe. It is also super yummy!
You can pair this Taco Chicken Chili with anything: rice, tortillas, potatoes, bread. You name it. The recipe makes enough for a family of four to eat twice. So, be sure to put those leftovers away and have it with a different side dish the next day.
Tell me. What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?
Slow Cooker Spicy Taco Chicken
- 2 pounds , boneless skinless, chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red crushed pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , more if needed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 ( 8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 ( 15 oz) can sweet corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, with its juice
- Trim any fat an dplace the chicken breasts whole in the slow cooker.
- Add the taco seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, lime juice, bell peppers and onion.
- Then, add in tomato sauce, corn and beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-5 hours or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.
- Add the chicken back in and stir to combine.
- Serve warm with your favorite taco toppings and a side of tortillas.
*Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have either used or would like to use the products below and recommend them because they are helpful and products that I like.