Get the flavors of the tropics with this Mango Mojito. Made with rum, mint, brown sugar, lime juice, mango nectar and seltzer water, it’s the perfect cocktail for sipping with your friends on hot summer days.
I must say that since moving to South Florida, I’ve had quite a few mojitos and I don’t hate it one bit. The mojito is my favorite cocktail! I find it so versatile. You can make almost every flavor imaginable and it will always taste amazing. This mango mojito is one of my favorites, competing really close with this cherry mojito I shared a while ago. But I’m still trying new flavor combinations, so I’m sure I’ll find a few other favorites along the way.
You won’t believe just how simple and easy this cocktail is to make. Simply muddle a few mint leaves with some sugar into a glass. I was advised by a very close friend to use brown sugar for the mojito, which I did immediately because I’ve been told that my friend is a mojito master. It was the best advice ever! The brown sugar gives this mojito a distinctive taste that pairs very well with the mango.
Then, add mango nectar, rum, lime juice and seltzer water. Add ice, lime slices, fresh mango cubes and some extra mint for garnish. Sit by the pool and sip on one, two or three glasses. Who’s counting?
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 3 oz rum
- 2 oz seltzer water
- lime slices , for garnish
- fresh mango , cubed, for garnish
- mint , for garnish
- In a cocktail glass, add mint leaves and brown sugar.
- Muddle together until the mint leaves are bruised to release the mint flavor. Then, add the lime juice, mango nectar and rum. Mix with a spoon until sugar has dissolved.
- Add ice and seltzer water.
- Garnish with lime slices, mango bits and a mint sprig. Serve immediately.