This post is also available in: Español
Make this quick, easy and absolutely delicious Pan-Seared Salmon with Peach Salsa and have dinner on the table in 20 minutes or less!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DOLE Sunshine Latino and #WeAllGrow Latina Network. The opinions and text are all mine.
As busy parents, I’m sure many of you would agree that sometimes being able to cook a delicious, healthy meal for dinner can feel more like a luxury than a reality. I confess that due to time constrains my daily dinners don’t usually look this pretty, and they certainly aren’t this healthy. But, they are tasty.
However, I’ve come to the realization that with a little creativity and using simple ingredients that should always be in your pantry, you can make a fabulous dinner that is tasty and good for you in only 20 minutes or even less!
One of those ingredients that should always be in your pantry because they are truly a life saver (besides salt and pepper) are jarred fruit and DOLE Fruit Bowls®. I can’t begin to tell you just how many times DOLE’s fruit bowls have saved me from falling into really bad eating habits and calmed down hungry kids after school.
One of the most delicious and healthy dinners I’ve made in a while is this beautiful Pan-Seared Salmon with Peach Salsa. It is really all about the Peach Salsa my friends. This recipe would not, and I really mean IT WOULD NOT, be the same without this Peach Salsa that was made of six very simple ingredients in just 5 minutes. Yes, really. Only 5 minutes!
Tip: Be creative and use ingredients already in your pantry to cook easy and fun meals.
DOLE’s fruit bowls are conveniently packaged making it easy to enjoy at home or bring along while you spend time with your family on trips, picnics and after school activities. But more than that, as you can see from this recipe, it can be used at home to create quick, easy and delicious dinners on weeknights that the entire family will love.
Pan-Seared Salmon with Peach Salsa
- 1 cup jarred sliced peaches , drained and cubed
- 1/2 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 small tomato , chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño , chopped
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime , freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Salmon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 oz salmon fillets , cut in 2 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice , freshly squeezed
- To make the peach salsa, in a medium bowl, mix peaches, onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and lime juice. Add salmon to hot skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Using a large slotted spatula, flip salmon and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until salmon is opaque throughout but still slightly pink in the center.
- Serve immediately. Top salmon with peach salsa. Add a side of cooked vegetables and potatoes, if desired.
- Don't season the salmon until you are ready to cook it. The acidity in the lime juice can break down the flesh too much.
- You can use salmon fillets with skin on or off. If skin on, cook them skin side down first.
- Don't have your pan on too high a heat. If it's too hot, the outside will cook too quickly and the inside can remain raw.
- These pan fried salmon fillets are great to serve with peach salsa, but they're also great with my Strawberry Salsa too!
Invite DOLE into your home and be surprised with everything they offer. Visit DOLESunshineLatino.com (in Español) for more recipes, fun crafts and inspiration!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DOLE Sunshine. The opinions and text are all mine.