This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Fresh, tasty and with all the flavors of the Caribbean, this Piña Colada Oatmeal Bowl tastes just like the delicious beachy drink, minus the alcohol.
Oatmeal — One of the quickest, easier and most satisfying breakfasts you’ll ever have. And their versatility is infinate. You can make any combination imaginable to make a completely different and unique breakfast every morning. Not to mention filling and delicious. I mean really, what is there not to love about oatmeal?
This is why Quaker® Oats is one of those ingredients I got to have in my pantry at all time. Plus, did you know that Quaker® is hosting a national “Bring Your Best Bowl” contest where you can win $250,000? Yes. Simply enter a recipe of your best oatmeal for a chance to win!!!
What would you do if you had an extra $250,000 in your bank account? …I would take a vacation right now.
This winter has gotten me a bit down and feeling like I much rather be in a Caribbean island somewhere, sucking in the sun and sipping on a sweet piña colada. Since Long Island is nowhere near the Caribbean and this cold, rainy winter weather is a bit depressing, I decided to cheer myself up by making a delicious bowl of oatmeal inspired by all the flavors of a sweet piña colada. Because really, dreaming of summery, happy drinks is one of my specialties.
So, on my latest trip to Walmart, I grabbed myself some Quaker® Oats – Quick One Minute, coconut milk, a can of pineapple chunks, coconut Greek yogurt, some coconut flakes and a small jar of maraschino cherries. All the ingredients needed to give my taste buds a small summer vacation. I cooked the oatmeal in coconut milk and added some pineapple pieces for sweetness. The oatmeal was topped with more pineapple pieces, a dollop of coconut Greek yogurt, toasted coconut flakes and a cherry on top for full aesthetic pleasure. 😉
Now, you go. Make your most creative and tasty oatmeal. Your recipe bowl entries should have between 2 and 5 ingredients. Then, visit the National Sweepstakes Site to enter for a chance to inspire the next Quaker® Oatmeal flavor. Top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in Fall 2016.
Come back and share your recipe. I’ll love to see what creative ideas you come up with. Good luck!
Piña Colada Oatmeal Bowl
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Oats , Quick One Minute
- 1 cup coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes , toasted
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks , plus more for topping
- maraschino cherries , optional
- Toast coconut flakes in a small pan over medium heat, while stirring constantly. Do not take your eyes of it as it will toast quickly and burn easily. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Place coconut milk in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once the milk starts to simmer, add oats, pineapple and salt. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until cooked, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and serve onto a plate.
- Top with coconut flakes, yogurt and extra pineapple. Add a cherry on top, if desired.