This post is also available in: Español
Perfectly sweet with just the right fruit and wine combination, this Pomegranate Holiday Sangria is the perfect drink to serve at your holiday gathering.
In times of celebration, there’s nothing better than a cold, bubbly drink. When serving a crowd, having a cocktail recipe that can be made by the pitcher is the right way to go. Luckily, we have just the right cocktail recipe for you: pomegranate sangria.
This pomegranate sangria is perfectly sweet with just the right fruit and wine combination. It is everything a pitcher cocktail should be, and more. This sangria features a few of my favorite things: fresh oranges, pomegranate juice and seeds, white wine and my favorite sparkling moscato. Combined with some orange liqueur, they make an awesome sangria. For the fruitiest flavor, make it ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve. This will allow for the fruit and mint to marinate in the wine and liqueur mixture. Wait to pour in the sparkling wine until you’re ready to serve. This will ensure the sangria is nice and bubbly the moment you serve it.
Pomegranate Holiday Sangria
- 1 bottle sparkling moscato wine
- 1 bottle semi-sweet white wine
- 1 ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ¾ cup orange liqueur , such as Grand Marnier
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 oranges , 1 thinly sliced into rounds, 1 juiced
- 10-12 mint leaves , more to decorate glasses
- In a large pitcher, mix together the white wine, pomegranate juice, orange liqueur and juice from an orange. Then, add the pomegranate seeds, orange slices and mint. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When ready to serve, add the sparkling moscato.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour sangria and fruit into glasses, and serve. Decorate glasses with extra mint leaves.
*This post was originally featured on POPSUGAR, for whom I am a contributor and part of POPSUGAR Select Latina.