This moist, flavorful and super easy pumpkin banana bread perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert! If you love banana bread this is an irresistible twist on your favorite sweet bread recipe.
Some years ago, my husband and I took the kids to this wonderful pumpkin picking farm out somewhere on Long Island. The place was packed with people. So much so that we had to make a one hour line to get on a hayride that lasted a whole 5 minutes. Yay! The joy.
After those five awesome minutes of pure hay filed joy, we spent two more hours looking at farm animals and letting the kids play in the most beautiful, colorful and elaborate miniature houses I had ever seen. Then, we each got to pick a pumpkin to bring home to decorate and place on our front steps. That was my first ever pumpkin picking experience and I must say that it was a lot of fun, except for the one hour wait for the hayride.
As we left the farm and paid for our pretty pumpkins, I purchased the most delicious banana bread I had ever eaten in my entire life. It smelled like fall and had the taste of comfort. I almost wish I could remember which farm was it that we went to, just so that I could pick up more of that fabulous banana bread.
Since I can’t remember which farm is it, I decided to try and make my own banana bread. To make it interesting, I decided to add pumpkin and make a pumpkin banana bread instead. I am so happy I did! The pumpkin adds another layer of moisture and sweetness that makes it super delicious, and it’s very easy to make.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this pumpkin banana bread:
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground ginger
- pumpkin puree
- canola oil
- chopped walnuts
Follow the mixing instructions below and bake for 40 minutes. Get ready to enjoy the amazing flavors of fall in one bite. 😋
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease and flour two 8 x 4 loaf pans.
- Mash the banana into a mixing bowl using a potato masher or a fork.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add the pumpkin, sugar, honey, oil and eggs to the mashed banana.
- Stir in the pumpkin and banana mixture to the flour and spices mixture until just combined. Add chopped walnuts. Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter into two loaf pans and sprinkle with additional walnuts over the top.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes, then invert into a wire rack and let cool completely.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.