Raspberry Simple Syrup ~ A sugar syrup that gives a sweet raspberry flavor and color to your favorite drinks and cocktails.
When I first started learning to make sweet drinks and cocktails at home, I had no idea what simple syrup was. I mean when making lemonade, I was always told by my mom to just add the sugar right in with the water and lemon juice and just mix until it was dissolved completely.
That’s one way to go about it. But it is so much better to make your own to sweeten your drinks and cocktails. I mean, for one, you won’t be stirring for days on end waiting for all the sugar to dissolve.
It’s so easy to make simple syrup too. Just combine equal amounts of water and sugar into a pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
And then, I discovered flavored simple syrup, which is the fancy upgraded version of regular one. I started experimented adding fruit flavors to it. My first attempt was this cherry simple syrup that I then used in my cherry mojito. That is a really good mojito!
And now, I’m sharing with you this raspberry simple syrup that is just perfect for sweetening any type of drink.
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP
Simply add water, sugar and raspberries to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. I also like to add a little bit of lemon juice and a slice of lemon for added flavor. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Let simmer until raspberries have broken down.
Then you want to let it cool completely before passing through a strainer. Transfer to a sealed container and store in the refrigerator until it’s time to use.
You can infuse simple syrup with an immense variety of herbs and fruits that will give your drinks and cocktails a special touch.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
JARABE DE FRAMBUESA
- 1 taza de frambuesas
- ¾ taza de azúcar granulada
- 2 cucharadas de jugo de limón, recién exprimido
- 1 taza de agua
- 1 rodaja de limón
- En un pequeño sartén, calienta a fuego medio-alto las frambuesas, el azúcar, el jugo de limón, el agua y una rebanada de limón.
- Reduce la temperatura cuando comience a hervir. Déjalo hervir a fuego lento por unos 10 minutos hasta que las frambuesas se hayan deshecho.
- Quítalo del fuego y deja que se enfríe por unos 10 minutos.
- Pasa el líquido a través de un colador y guárdalo en el refrigerador en un contenedor sellado.