Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup with Yuca ~ A hearty, comforting and delicious soup with tender chicken breast, cooked noodles and soft vegetables, just like the ones abuela made.
Fall is finally here and with it comes the chilly breeze that for some will soon turn into freezing cold air. Cold times call for something warm. This sopa de pollo made with yuca will warm your soul and fill you up all at once. What’s better is that it’s made in the slow cooker, so you can set it and forget it. Until it’s time to eat, that is.
This soup is just like the ones abuela used to make. The ones that brought you back to life when under the weather. Now, you can make it on your own with little effort and yielding fantastic results. This chicken soup is hearty, with tender chicken and soft vegetables. Perfect for cold days or really any day you are in the mood for a satisfying meal.
Now go ahead, grab a cozy blanket and a big warm bowl of this sopa de pollo, and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup with Yuca
- 1 pound boneless , skinless chicken breast
- 1 carrot , chopped
- 2 sticks celery , chopped
- 1 pound yuca , cubed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon adobo
- 6 allspice , whole
- 1/2 cup fideos
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice , freshly squeezed
- Place the chicken, carrots, celery, yuca, cilantro, garlic, oregano, chicken bouillon, adobo, and allspice in a 6-quart slow cooker. Then add the fideos, chicken broth, water, and lime juice. Cover and cook for about 4 and 1/2 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place into a bowl. Shred it using two forks. Transfer back into the slow cooker and using a spoon, mix with the broth and vegetables.
- Taste and season with salt or adobo as needed. Serve warm.
*This post was originally featured on POPSUGAR, for whom I am a contributor and part of POPSUGAR Select Latina.