This post is also available in: Español
*This post is sponsored in partnership with Kura. All opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make this site possible.
There light and fluffy Strawberry Vanilla Protein Pancakes are a semi-healthy breakfast made with pancake mix, eggs, soy milk, protein powder, vanilla and strawberries! Pair it with a delicious homemade strawberry sauce for an extra level of deliciousness.
My daughter loves pancakes! It’s the one dish she has learned how to cook on her own besides scrambled eggs. Sometimes, I like to experiment and try out new pancake flavors to have on the weekends.
These strawberry pancakes are not really new, but they were new to us as it was the first time we had ever had them.
Yes! Can you believe it!? We had never ever had strawberry pancakes before. And, what a shame that was because they are really delicious. I truly wish I had try them sooner.
Like I do most of the time, I took this opportunity to try and healthify the recipe a bit and as always I reached for my favorite protein powder to add to the mix for a little protein boost.
To make the strawberry pancakes I used pancake mix, Kura vanilla protein powder, soy milk, eggs, vanilla extract and fresh strawberries.
Then, I smothered those babies with a delicious homemade strawberry sauce made with fresh strawberries, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and water.
Can it really get any better than that?
I. don’t. think. so.
Kura is a GMO and gluten-free protein powder, with natural ingredients, no added sugar and filled with probiotics. It contains 14g Grass-fed Dairy Protein, 26 vitamins and minerals and 4 billion probiotics.
What’s even cooler is that the brand has now released a new plant based protein powder with 15 grams per serving of vegan certified pea, sunflower and oat protein. Isn’t that awesome?
For more information, check out their website by clicking here. Make sure to use our discount code SLC2017 to save 20%.
Strawberry Vanilla Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 scoop Kura vanilla protein powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 fresh strawberries , cubed, plus more for topping
- 2-3 teaspoons of butter for cooking For the Strawberry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, protein powder, egg, vanilla and soy milk. Fold in fresh strawberries into the pancake mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium -low heat. Once the pan becomes hot, grease with 1 teaspoon of butter. Add 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture at a time. Let cook until the top of the pancake begins to create bubbles and the edges have set. Carefully, flip the pancake using a spatula. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes or until both sides are golden brown. Repeat steps with remaining pancake batter.
- Serve warm with strawberry sauce.
For the strawberry sauce
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring up to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it begins to boil, bring the heat to low and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes thick and strawberries brake down completely.
- Strain the mixture and reserved tightly sealed in the fridge.