This post is also available in: Español
This is the best guacamole recipe you’d ever have! It is tasty, super easy to prepare, quick and requires only 5 ingredients.
Guacamole is really one of those dishes that is a must have at any gathering. It is fresh, delicious and so easy to make. You really only need about 5 ingredients, give or take, and 10 minutes of your time.
Tips for making Guacamole:
Buy the perfect avocado. Getting the right avocado can be tricky. It took me quite a while to figure out how to pick out the best avocado. They can often be too hard or way too ripe. The trick is to choose an avocado that is only slightly tender to the touch, not too tender, and which shows a nice yellow top when the stem is removed.
Cut the avocados properly. To get started with the guacamole, you need to learn how to cut and peel the avocados properly. Here’s an easy video on how to do it.
Do not over mash the avocado. Make sure to leave a few chunks in there for added texture.
Add lime juice. Adding lime juice will not only add a little acidity and flavor to the guacamole, but it will also keep the avocado from turning brown for a longer period of time.
Add toppings. When I make my guacamole I like to add onions, tomatoes, and cilantro for added texture and flavor. I also add jalapeños or red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
Season appropriately. Make sure to add enough salt to the guacamole. Adding enough salt will enhance the taste of the avocados. I also add a pinch of ground black pepper for a little extra flavor.
How to Keep the Guacamole looking fresh longer
Avocados turn brown when exposed to air. Adding acidity helps to temporarily keep the guacamole looking green and fresh.
If you have leftovers that you’d like to save for a later time, you can transfer the guacamole to a size appropriate bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap making sure no air comes into the bowl.
El Mejor Guacamole
- 3 aguacates maduros, cortados a la mitad y picados
- ½ taza de cebolla blanca, finamente picada
- ½ taza de tomate, cortado en cubitos
- 2 cucharadas de cilantro, medio picado
- 1 jalapeño pequeño, sin semillas y vena, finamente picado
- 1 cucharada de jugo de limón, recién exprimido (de aproximadamente 1 limón)
- Sal y pimienta al gusto
- Con una cuchara, coloca la carne de los aguacates en un tazón para servir.
- Machaca el aguacate con un tenedor, dejando algunos trozos grandes para tener textura.
- Agrega la cebolla, el tomate, el cilantro, el jalapeño, el jugo de limón, la sal y la pimienta. Revuelve para combinar.
- Sirve inmediatamente con chips de tortilla.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.