Grilled Honey Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Skewers
Perfectly charred with a smoky, sweet and spicy barbecue sauce, these Grilled Honey Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Skewers are perfect to share with friends and family.
Servings: 8 skewers
- 8-10 skewer sticks
- 2 chicken breast , boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup green bell pepper , cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup red bell pepper , cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup Spanish onion , cut into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in its adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chipotle adobo sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup honey
Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers. Season chicken and vegetable skewers with salt and pepper to taste.
In a food processor, mix together chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, barbecue sauce and honey until well combined.
Place chicken skewers on the grill to cook turning occasionally until charred, about 10-15 minutes.
When skewers are almost done, brush with honey chipotle barbecue sauce and grill until done.
Serve warm with corn, bread or tortillas.
- You can use metal or wooden skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about an hour before grilling to keep them from burning in the grill.
- Be sure to cook the chicken all the way through. The outside should be slightly charred and have a uniformed white color inside. If you have an instant read thermometer they should register at 165F.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 469mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 548IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg