Cuban Style Quinoa Salad with Mango Avocado Salsa
A quick and delicious salad for the busy parent on-the-go made with quinoa, black beans, sweet plantains, mixed greens and a yummy mango avocado salsa.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 cup DOLE® Mango Slices (, drained and cubed)
- 1/2 cup red onion (, chopped)
- 1/4 cup tomato (, chopped)
- 1 medium jalapeño (, chopped)
- 1 avocado (, sliced and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (, roughly chopped)
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste For the Salad
- 4 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 cup black beans (, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup quinoa (, cooked)
- 8 slices sweet plantains (, cooked (1 sweet plantain))
- 2 cups mixed greens
To make the mango avocado salsa, in a medium bowl, mix mango, onion, tomato, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In each quart size mason jar, divide all ingredients evenly. Layer the dressing, black beans, quinoa, sweet plantains, mango avocado salsa and top with mixed greens.