Glazed Ham and Pineapple Empanadas
A delicious appetizer or quick leftover dinner made with all the flavors of the holiday glazed ham.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 can (20 oz) Dole Pineapple Tidbits with 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 10 store-bought empanada discs
- 2 cups leftover glazed holiday ham cubed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
Coat pineapple tidbits with brown sugar and cloves or allspice and heat in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Lay the empanada discs, a few at a time, on a flat surface over parchment paper.
Add about 1 1/2 tablespoons glazed ham to the center of each disc and layer with about 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon pineapple tidbits.
Carefully fold the discs and using a fork press firmly around the edges to seal.
In a medium pot or large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Fry the empanadas on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side.
Rest in a paper towel to drain excess oil.