This post is also available in: Español
These tasty butter cookies (mantecaditos) are super simple to make, even for the amateur baker. They are perfect to enjoy with friends when served alongside a warm cup of coffee.
This post has been sponsored by NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™. All thoughts and opinions are my own. NESCAFE® and CLÁSICO™ are trademarks owned by Société des Pro des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland.
If there is one thing that goes well with a nice warm cup of coffee, it is a really tasty butter cookie.
Growing up, I remember my grandmother used to love these cookies with her daily afternoon cup of coffee. But she didn’t bake them herself. Instead, she used to buy them at the colmado (grocery store) every single day. She was not really into baking.
Baking is not something you did much in the Dominican Republic because the weather was always so hot, no one really wanted to turn on the oven. So, at my house, baked goods were something that was always purchased from someone else.
Like my grandmother, butter cookies are a treat I really enjoy having with my afternoon coffee. The only difference is that I do enjoy baking my own cookies.
There is nothing better than having a batch of delicious, fresh-baked cookies to enjoy with friends and family alongside a cup of Nescafé® Clásico™ Instant Coffee.
I am always looking for the best way to spend special moments with friends, and nothing beats the moments we spend together and the conversations we share while having a good cafecito.
There is something about the bold taste and flavorful aroma of Nescafé Clásico that reminds me of the flavors from home. It’s the taste that brings us together and makes every moment just a little less unfamiliar…and a little more like home.
This is why I always pick up a jar of Nescafé Clásico from Walmart because not many things can bring family and friends together like a good cup of coffee and a sweet cookie.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTER COOKIES
This recipe is incredibly simple to make. Just place the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the dough starts to form small lumps. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and scoop about 1 tablespoon of the dough. Make it into a ball in the palm of your hands and press down slightly. Place in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 18 minutes in a 350° oven.
Remove cookies from the oven and let cool in a cooling rack for about 30 minutes.
Visit Walmart.com to get your Nescafé Clásico today and while you are at it, get your ingredients to make these perfect butter cookies.
Don’t forget to look for an Ibotta offer on NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™ Instant Coffee, too!
Butter Cookies (Mantecaditos)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, lime zest, and butter.
- Pulse until the mixture starts to form into small lumps.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Form small balls with the dough of approximately 1 inch in diameter and press down slightly to flatten a little bit. Place in the baking sheet about two inches apart from each other.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until the edges turn slightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for about 30 minutes.
- Be sure to refrigerate the dough before baking the cookies or they can spread too much.
- These cookies take 18 minutes to bake. Check them at around 15 minutes as ovens can run hotter or cooler.
- The cookies are done when they are set and the edges are slightly golden brown.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to see! Tag @Smart_LilCookie on Instagram and use the hashtag #SmartLittleCookieEats.
*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small fee from any Amazon purchases made through the links in this post at no additional cost to you.