Caprese Salad ~ Quick, easy and delicious, the best salad to serve as an appetizer or a side dish for lunch and/or dinner.
I did not make this salad. My friend Alicia from Chica-Fashion made it on our last get together, and it was so absolutely delicious that I had to ask her if I could share the recipe. Luckily, she said yes!
I have made Caprese salad at home before, but there was something about this one that was just so good. Maybe, it was that we were having such a great time that day that it all just tasted and looked awesome. I don’t know, but all the food we made that day was amazing.
I’m not a great fan of salads. But this is without doubt my favorite salad ever!
This is such a quick, simple and scrumptious salad that I cannot think of any reason why one wouldn’t make it on a regular bases. Specially, during small gathering. It is great as an appetizer or as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
Making it is so easy. Just cut the tomatoes and mozzarella into slightly thick slices and place them on a pretty platter, alternating.
Then, drizzle them with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Finally, sprinkle with dried parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
That is all! In 10 minutes, you’ll be enjoying an amazing, super delicious healthy salad. Did I mentioned it looks pretty too? No?
Well then, It’s so pretty!
Tell me, what is your favorite salad? Share it in the comments below.
Caprese Salad (Insalata Caprese)
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into slightly thick slices. Place them on a platter, alternating.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Serve as a side dish or appetizer.
- Use the freshest mozzarella you can for the best flavor and texture. I like to buy it the day I plan to serve it.
- Make sure your tomatoes are super ripe so that they are at there sweetest.
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into even thicknesses.
- This simple dish is all about the ingredients, so use the best you can!