Chocolate Coquito is a chocolate flavor coconut eggnog. Thick and creamy, this variation of the original Puerto Rican Coquito is perfect for those who like their cocktail drinks on the sweet side.
Christmas has come and gone, but it is still holiday season since the New Year celebrations are right around the corner.
On New Year’s Eve we like to celebrate with the family always at home, where is nice and warm listening to great music, sharing delicious food and having a drink or two.
I’ve always been curious about people who leave their warm cozy homes to go stand an entire day and night during a super cold winter in the middle of time square to wait for the new year. Don’t get me wrong. I think it is awesome and I’m sure the experience is …unique. But, just to think of the mess trying to get out of there once the ball drops is enough to make me want to stay home and watch it all on television.
For those who like me enjoy to ring the new year at home, this delicious, thick and creamy chocolate Coquito is the perfect cocktail to share with the ones you love while waiting for the Times Square crystal ball to drop.
For this simple recipe, I modified my Coquito (Coconut Eggnog) recipe by making a simple chocolate ganache using some bittersweet dark chocolate and coconut milk. Then, mixed the ganache with the rest of the usual ingredients: coconut cream, evaporated milk, condensed milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and rum. The result was the most delicious chocolate cocktail drink I’ve ever had to date. It even passed the candid best friend test. So, try it with confidence. I’m sure you’ll love it too.
But you really can’t until you serve them! Check out these shot glasses.
- 13.5 oz coconut milk (1 can)
- 3.5 oz (1 1/2 bars) bittersweet dark chocolate, I used 71% cocoa
- 15 oz (1 can) coconut cream
- 14 oz (1 can) condensed milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups light rum
- Break chocolate into medium pieces and place in a bowl.
- In a small sauce pan, warm up coconut milk. Once hot, pour over the chocolate and mix well until chocolate has melted and combined with the coconut milk.
- In a blender, combine chocolate mixture, coconut cream, condensed milk and evaporated milk.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Finally, add the rum. Blend until all is well combined.
- Pour into glass bottles, seal well and refrigerate.
- Serve cold in small drink glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of shaved chocolate. Shake well before serving.