This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
Smooth, cheesy and loaded with bacon, this easy loaded sweet potato casserole is the perfect side dish to place on your table these holidays.
The holidays are fast approaching and like always, we’re ready for the amazing food that is always involved with the celebrations.
For some reason, holiday cooking is always associated with long hours in the kitchen. Well, we are not big fans of that. The less time we can spend in the kitchen, the more time we have to enjoy with our loved ones. That is why easy recipes like this loaded sweet potato casserole are a must in our house. For this recipe, I used Kraft Natural Shredded Cheeses, which I bought on my last trip to Walmart.
It is so simple, yet so delicious. It will truly make a hit at your next holiday celebration.
This loaded sweet potato casserole is really easy to make and you only need 5 ingredients. Five!
- sweet potatoes
Can it get any simpler than that? I don’t think so.
To prepare, just boil the sweet potatoes in some water with salt until tender. While the sweet potatoes cook, crisp up the bacon in a pan over medium heat. Remove the bacon from the pan and place in a place over a paper towel to remove excess grease.
Once the sweet potatoes have cooked, mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add butter and mix to combine. Then, stir in 2/3 of the bacon. Coat an 8-inch baking pan with butter. Place a layer of the sweet potato and top with cheese. Add a second layer of sweet potato and sprinkle with more cheese.
Place in the oven at 400 degrees and bake until cheese has completely melted. Remove from the oven and top with the rest of the bacon and chopped scallions.
I love all type of cheeses, but my favorites to always keep on hand are cheddar and mozzarella. They are always a great option to make easy and tasty recipes like this loaded sweet potato casserole. The sweet and salty combination of the sweet potatoes and bacon with the creamy gooeyness of the melted mozzarella and tangy taste of the cheddar is delicious.
Easy Loaded Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes , diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pack (16 oz.) sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup Kraft Natural shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Kraft Natural shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons scallion , chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, boil sweet potatoes with salt until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and place in a plate lined with a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Once the potatoes are tender, transfer to a large bowl and mash using a potato masher. Add butter and Italian seasoning. Mix well to combine. Stir in 2/3 of the cooked bacon.
- Coat the bottom of an 8 inch pan with butter, add one layer of sweet potatoes and sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese and half of the cheddar cheese. Add a second layer of sweet potatoes and sprinkle the rest of the cheeses on top. Place in the oven and bake at 400 degrees until the cheese has melted and starts to bubble, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Top with the rest of the bacon and scallion.
- Serve immediately.
Be sure to check out more delicious cheese recipes at Kraft.com. I’d love to hear about your favorite cheesy recipe!