Foil Baked Salmon ~ A healthy and tasty dish marinated with butter, garlic and parsley, and baked in a foil pouch to concentrate flavors.
Hello June! You summery sexy month.
Can you believe half the year has already gone? It feels like just yesterday I was celebrating the new year with my kids, who for the first time ever didn’t go to bed until 5 am. Six months have past and I’m here thinking, where has time gone?
Time just flew by me. Just now I’m stopping to realize that I haven’t been keeping up with even half of the resolutions I set for myself at the beginning of the year.
One of those resolutions was to implement healthier eating habits to help me lose a few extra pounds that have been lingering since last year. But rather than lost the weigh, I’ve GAINED! *cue the tears*
I want to blame it on my now not-so-new sedentary job, but the reality of the case is that I love food. I enjoy eating. And, although, a lack of exercise could be to blame, I think is mostly my ability to eat a 25 count box of Baked by Melissa cupcakes in one sitting the cause of it all.
I still hold the hopes of being able to adapt healthier eating habits, while still enjoying what I eat without feeling like I’m giving up on anything. This Foil Baked Salmon is the perfect dish for those who, like me, are looking for healthier meal options with lots of flavor.
The delicious taste of this baked salmon is unmatched. It is marinated with butter, garlic and parsley, and baked in a foil pouch that creates steam and concentrates the flavors. Serve it with some steam veggies and I promise you, it will not feel or taste like you are eating a healthy meal.
I grew up believing that healthy food had to be bland. I know better than that now. One taste of this great salmon recipe and I’m bought.
Foil Baked Salmon
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley , chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper , to taste
- lemon , thinly sliced
- 2 pounds salmon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil about 12-inch long.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place each piece of salmon in a foil sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture over each piece of salmon. Top with 2 lemon slices.
- Wrap sides of foil inward over the salmon and fold the top and bottom to seal.
- Place the salmon pouches in a baking sheet. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Unwrap foil and serve immediately.