This post is also available in: Español
Grilled Garlic Cilantro Chicken Skewers ~ Mouth watering, absolutely delightful and perfectly charred. The best summer cookout dish.
Summer! My absolute favorite time of the year. I literally spend all winter waiting for those two months of warm weather we get every year and all I want to do for those two months is be outside turning on the grill, pulling out a chair and sitting under a tree with a nice cold beer in hand or this awesome Sangria.
That is why every weekend during summer time, I cook outside and spend my afternoons sitting on my backyard while the kids run around and play. When I was a stay-at-home-mom, this happened every single day until it was time for the kids to go back to school. We just love the outside. One of my favorite things is cooking outdoors.
It is such a happy moment for me when I am able to pull out that grill, set the charcoal on fire and place fresh, perfectly seasoned meat on those grill grates to cook. Hearing the nurturing sizzling sound of the meat on the hot grates telling you that you are about to eat something scrumptious, is a moment of pure bliss. Don’t you think? Or is that just me?
No? Not fully convinced?
Then, go home right now, pull out your grill and make these mouth watering, absolutely delightful, perfectly charred Grilled Garlic Cilantro Chicken Skewers. I promise you will see sunshine and hear birds sing. However, that can simply be because of the nice summer weather.
No, but seriously. It really is that good. Go try it and come back to tell me how much you liked it. I’ll be waiting.
Grilled Garlic Cilantro Chicken Skewers
- 2 boneless , skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 4-5 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro , roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8-10 skewer sticks
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a zip-lock bag, combine chicken, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Rub and mix well inside the bag until chicken is well covered.
- Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Place chicken skewers on the grill to cook turning occasionally until charred, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with preferred side dish.