Quick, simple, fresh and totally scrumptious! This Shrimp Mango and Avocado Salad is the perfect appetizer for all your summer parties.
I made this salad a few months ago for my friends and I’s Spring celebration by the suggestion of my buddy Alicia from Chica Fashion. What a great suggestion it was!
The salad was a perfect addition to the day’s menu. We enjoyed and savored every bit of it as we did the rest of the meal.
The best part about this dish is that it can be made ahead and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve to your guest. I must confess I did not make this one ahead. It was actually the last dish I made that day. Thankfully, my friends were there to help.
We always have the best of times when we are together. We make great parties and great food together.
Also on the menu for our Spring Celebration were:
- Crock-Pot Southwest Chicken Chili and Cilantro Lime Rice
- Coconut Flan
- Cheese Stuffed Yuca Balls
- Strawberry Mojitos
- Champagne Mojitos
Shrimp Mango and Avocado Salad
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 ripe mango , cubed
- 1 avocado , cubed
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small pan over medium heat, cook shrimp slightly, about 3-5 minutes. Remove, set aside and cool. Be careful not to over cook or the shrimp will become rubbery.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, mango, avocado, onion and bell peppers.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, vinegar and salt. Stir until salt has dissolved.
- Pour the lime and vinegar mixture over the shrimp, mango and avocado mixture. Stir carefully to coat the salad with the dressing.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.